Tuesday, July 15, 2008

Beginning Watercolor DVD

QUESTION: Hi Susie, First of all, I love your paintings!!!!!!!!!! I could only hope to be as great. So, my question! I have just broken out my watercolors after many years and would love to start out with one of your instructional dvd's. What do you suggest that is on a beginner's level? Thank you, Paula Davis

SUSIE'S REPLY: Hi Paula, Welcome back to Watercolor! Many say its like riding a bike --once you re wet your brushes it all comes back. I hope that is true in your case! And thanks for the compliments on my paintings! There are a couple of the DVDs that are not too complicated for re-starters/beginners. Painting Iris and Painting Sentimental Roses take you through the paintings step by step. Beyond the Sunset/ Watercolor Skies is also a good one to start with. If you practice painting skies you have background for several landscapes.

This fall I will have a new elesson available for beginners that includes color mixing, color theory, simple brushstrokes and basic watercolor techniques. It should also serve as a good review for those artist who have been away from their art or who are transferring to watercolor from another medium. Watch my website for its availability.

Enjoy your journey!
SUSIE
__________________________________

No comments: