Friday, April 20, 2012

Watercolor Paper


Hi Susie,

In the last few weeks I ordered your DVD's Beyond the Sunset and Texas Bluebonnets and Live Oaks.  They are great videos.  Would you let me know what kind of paper you are using?  My paper will not get as pliable as yours does when it is wet.  I am using 140 pound, Strathmore cold press paper. Thanks, Marie

SUSIE'S REPLY: 
Hi Marie,
Thanks, I'm pleased your are enjoying the DVD's.
I use and recommend Arches 140# CP paper. It is strong and durable and it works best for my style of painting. And it is a good choice for beginners who are just learning the watercolor techniques.
There are several good watercolor papers, sometimes it is fun and beneficial to experiment to see what other papers will do and how they will perform with your personal style of painting. Online art suppliers offer sampler packets to "test the waters" so to speak at a reasonable price. 
Of all my watercolor supplies I believe the most important is my paper.

Happy Painting!
SUSIE

No comments: